The Hammer Nutrition website has a wealth of information for you to be the best athlete that you can be. While I admit, I don’t use every product that they have, but the supplements that I do use are all Hammer Nutrition products. Hammer Nutrition is there for all athletes. From the beginner athlete right on through to the top level elite athlete. So, I wanted to share a little more of the Hammer Nutrition knowledge that might just help you get to that next athletic goal you might have.
17 Characteristics of an Effective Weight Loss Plan
- Reduce current refined carbohydrate intake by 50%.
- Increase raw food vegetable and fruit intake by 25%.
- Drink a minimum of 10 x 8-ounce glasses of water per day [chose either steam distilled or bottled water that is “chlorine and fluoride free”].
- Cease eating after 7:00 PM.
- Reduce or omit meats [excluding salt-water and cold water fish] and dairy byproducts.
- Exercise activity is conducted at or below 75% VO2 Max Heart Rate.
- PERIODIC Short-term weight loss of 2-5 pounds conducted in 20 consecutive days, followed by seven days NO calorie restriction before repeating a 2nd 20-day protocol.
- Recommend no more than 1 pound weight loss each week.
- Do not go below 1,500 calories per day.
- Refer to the Food Guide Asian or Mediterranean Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
- Focus on limiting fat and processed food intake rather than calories.
- Encourage 30 minutes minimum exercise per day.
- Include a variety of nutritionally balanced foods.
- Minimize hunger, no-starve periods.
- Encourage setting realistic weight loss goals and making slow, moderate changes.
- Precedes an established lifelong “Lifestyle” protocol, balancing caloric intake with expense.
- Remove man-made fats [TFA-Trans Fatty Acids-also know as partially or completely hydrogenated vegetable fats]; found in almost all processed baked goods.
The closer you come to adhering to these guidelines the greater success you will have.
via Hammer Nutrition.