For the first time in American cyclocross history there will be a gathering of national champions like never before. National champions will represent 8 nations including:
- Tim Johnson (Cannondale – Cyclocrossworld.com) – USA
- Geoff Kabush (Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain) – Canada
- Marco Fontana (Cannondale Factory Racing) – Italy
- Francis Mouray (Francaise des Jeux) – France
- Geert Wellens (Champion System) – Belgium (Elite Category)
- Joachim Parbo (KCH Leopard Cycles) – Denmark
- Zoltan Tisza (Tecnofilm Bentonexpressz 2000) – Hungary
- Katie Compton (Planet Bike) – USA
- Katerina Nash (Team LUNA Chix) – Czech Republic
In addition to the national champions the Elite Men’s field will be stacked with riders from the top 20 U.C.I. ranking. Riders like 5th ranked Gerben De Knegt of Holland (Rabobank Continental Team), Francis Mouray (Francaise des Jeux) at 7th, Christian Heule of Switzerland (Rendementhypo Cycling Team) ranked 9th and American Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) ranked 18th.
The Elite Women’s field will include 5th place Katie Compton of the U.S. (Planet Bike), 7th place Katerina Nash of Czech Republic (Team LUNA Chix) and 16th place Amy Dombroski of the U.S. (Team LUNA Chix).
Returning are 2009 CrossVegas champions Jamey Driscoll of the U.S. (Cannondale – Cyclocrossworld.com) and Katie Compton (Planet Bike) who also won in 2008. Ryan Trebon (KONA), winner of CrossVegas 2007 and 2008 will be returning. Trebon and Compton are CrossVegas’ only 2-time winners.
Don’t under estimate the other great riders who will be coming to CrossVegas including Americans Jeremy Powers (Cannondale – Cyclocrossworld.com), Adam Craig (Rabobank-Giant). Georgia Gould (Team LUNA Chix), and Meredith Miller (Cal Giant-Specialized). Tim Van Nuffel of Belgium (Vangoethem-Prorace), Martin Grujan of Switzerland (Cannondale Factory Racing), CrossVegas 2009 Silver medalist Chris Jones (Rapha-FOCUS) and Davide Frattini from Italy (HUDZ- Subaru) and many others.
This entry was posted in crossvegas
. Bookmark the permalink